Calendar Plugin questions - Timezone and view settings

Is there a way to set a default timezone in the calendar-plugin (currently it defaults to America/Lost_Angeles).

And is there a way to set a default view - i.e. it currently opens up to the Week view - would it be possible to default it to the Month View?

Also, the multiple timezones feature isn’t working either…

I tried to modify the javascript to defaut to the month view, but then I can’t import the plug-in. It says it’s invalid.

Hello Heather

I’ve answered to your questions as best as I can so please check them below:

1. Is there a way to set a default timezone in the calendar-plugin (currently it defaults to America/Lost_Angeles).
    This seem to reflect the time zone setting on the user’s profile settings.

2. And is there a way to set a default view - i.e. it currently opens up to the Week view - would it be possible to default it to the Month View? I tried to modify the javascript to defaut to the month view, but then I can’t import the plug-in. It says it’s invalid.
    Overall, this plugin is just a sample plugin so I guess there’s not much that you can do by its default settings,
    unless, like you already did, you edit the plugin itself.
    If an error shows up upon importing the plugin, the plugin was probably not packaged properly.
    Did you use the packaging tool that is provided the kintone when you try to package it?
    *There’s a specific step to take when “repackaging” too.
    If not, the following page will help you go through.

-kintone developer network - Steps for Plugin Development
https://developer.kintone.io/hc/en-us/articles/212495078-Steps-for-Plugin-Development

1. Also, the multiple timezones feature isn’t working either…
    I’m using Google Chrome on Windows 10 and it seems to work fine. Which OS and browser are you using?

Oh, this is great! Thank you!

• this fixed that issue. I forget it has to be changed at the user level also.
    • I did NOT know about the packaging tool - I’ll try that. Thank you for the resource!
    • I am using Windows 10, Google Chrome

This is what it looks like in my browser:

Hello Heather!

Regarding the multiple timezone feature, I think what they mean by “multiple timezone” is that you have “multiple choices” of timezone to choose ONE to display in the calendar, not that you can choose multiple time zones AT ONCE and display all of them in the calendar. So the drop-down box that you see only when selecting the records per page (like in the screenshot that you provided) is just a bug in the plugin; it seems to just continue to appear (probably infinitely) every time I select the records per page.

That’s fine - I thought it may be me not really getting how that part is supposed to work. :) 

Also the packaging tool was great - I was able to configure it to be in month view by default with no issues.

Thanks so much for your help!

~h