How to add a Calendar View to an Announcement Section?

Question / Problem

Good Morning everyone. Please note that I am not a programmer.

A customer has asked me to display a Calendar (like a Calendar View) on their Announcement Section.

• The "Calendar View" can either be custom designed or displayed in calendar format.
  • The Calendar's events cannot be in a list format.

I checked the help documentation, and it seems that attaching Calendar views is not possible in the Announcement Sections:

Attaching Apps to the Announcement Section or Threads of a Space - Kintone Help

• Calendar views cannot be attached. When you select a calendar view, the view is displayed in the list format.
  • Custom views cannot be attached.

Is anyone familiar with an alternative way to set up a "Calendar View"-like display to be included in the Announcement section?

Thank You!

Current Situation

How is your Kintone App configured?

Test Environment

• What types of fields are included in the Calendar Kintone App?

What are you trying to do?

Display a Calendar in the Announcement Section (not as a list of events)

• Is the Portal's Announcement Section (main) or a specific Space's Announcement Section?

Code / Attempts

Share your code and setup

Error Message

Screenshots are helpful

Desired Outcome / Expected Behavior

Screenshots are helpful

Referenced Resources

Hello @Lumipallo_Studio and welcome to Kintone Developer forum!

Let me go straight to the point. You can use iframe to embed an app with calendar view. Here’s an example:

(function() {
   "use strict";
   kintone.events.on("portal.show", function(e) {
       var el = document.createElement('div');
       el.innerHTML = '<iframe src="https://(subdomain).kintone.com/k/(app id)/?view=(view id)" width="800" height="800" scrolling="no"></iframe>';
       document.getElementsByClassName("ocean-portal-announcement-text")[0].appendChild(el); 
   });
})();

Be sure to modify the subdomain, app ID, and view ID to match your app’s settings. For more information, please refer to the following pages:

hey Chris , Its been forever and a day , but i appreciate you taking the time to answer :slight_smile:

1 Like