npm Packages within Plugins

Hello! I’ve been having a lot of fun developing JS scripts for Kintone, and I’m currently moving on to developing my first plugin from scratch through plugin-packer.

I wanted to reference some npm packages (e.g. moment, sweetalert2), but get the following error when using ‘require’: “Uncaught ReferenceError: require is not defined”

For JS customizations, I was able to use ‘require’ references with no issues, likely because I bundled first through webpack before uploading to Kintone… but I’m wondering if plugin-packer acts differently (i.e. not necessarily bundling?). My plugin works perfectly if I remove the “require” and related functions.

The closest thing to this question I found was this article on the Japanese platform, but felt like plugins were a separate issue. Apologies if this is a duplicate question nonetheless.

Thank you in advance for any tips!

Hi Gaku,

Do you mind sharing your code with us so we could see the details?

Thank you,

Sean

Hi Sean:

I appreciate you offering help! But I’m not too sure how sharing any code would help in this instance.

The Import line:
const moment = require(‘moment’);

Update: Solution found!

Instead of plugin-packer, I was supposed to use webpack-plugin-kintone-plugin for my use case.

The current available tutorials are on the GitHub README or the Japanese guide here. Hopefully a full tutorial in English is on the way around here :slight_smile: