Which Unit Test Library could be applied into Kintone while developing ?

Dear everyone,

Now i am learning Kintone for applied business workflow of my future customers.

I already learned :

• Kintone REST API

• Javascript API

• Plugin (already applied existing plugin, create my own plugin, using library to auto package and upload to Kintone services immediately)

My question is :

• How to apply Unit Test into my app ? Because i will create many applications, i am worry about when it’s not work in some minor cases.

If you already met situation in my questions, i am really appreciate for your help!

How to apply the (Unit) Test into Kintone apps is common questions among kintone pioneer engineers in Japan recently, but they have not found best practices also…

I heard two trials as follows.

• use Puppeteer

• create & use stub

As they & you assume, wondering if these are best practices. I also think best practices have not found for now.

Let’s discuss & find the best together! Thanks.

Thank you very much Mr. Yamashita.
Now i am investigating Cypress and it is really awesome. But i have a little trouble :

• Is it possible to test directly into production environment ? It is my Kintone services environment. Does Kintone reject my automation testing ?

• These automation testing framework always suggest testing on local environment only. Is it possible to run Kintone locally ? Or Kintone allow to spam test multi times in online Kintone services ?

I am still investigating, let’s share what experiences we have in here!

It looks interesting! I’m not sure, but I think it may be available.

> Is it possible to test directly into production environment ? It is my Kintone services environment. Does Kintone reject my automation testing ?

What do you mean about “service environment”? What is the difference from the “production environment”? I guess every kintone environment is the same operating condition. make sense?

> These automation testing framework always suggest testing on local environment only. Is it possible to run Kintone locally ? Or Kintone allow to spam test multi times in online Kintone services ?

As you pointed, impossible to run Kintone locally.

> What do you mean about “service environment”? What is the difference from the “production environment”? I guess every kintone environment is the same operating condition. make sense?

Yes, it is “service environment”. I’m sorry, it is my misunderstood. And i am a system engineer, so i trying to understand which is current development flow if i working with Kintone.

Thank you for your help!

@Ryu Yamashita : Hi Yamashita,

Finally, i choose Cypress and apply to my project. A little bit disadvantages that i got :

• Number of API call will lost while testing. Please be careful to running test a lot of time per day. Because you have to use these api frequently:

+ Login

+ Delete records

+ Add records

• Test environment should setup separate with your develop, staging and production environment. Because it need change data while testing.