How can I use a QR Code to populate a lookup field in Kintone?

I have a client that needs to use QR codes to scan people into a distribution line. The start of the use case was using a lookup field in the distribution app, to put the client’s information to via lookup and show the total number of units to distribute. As well as to document that the distribution occured. 

This was fine until COVID-19 hit and their lines grow to such length that typing in the lookup was slower than looking at a paper list. 

What I would like to do is make a QR Code poplulate a unique id in the lookup and pull the info like before. 

The thing I am stuck on is how to get the QR Code to fill in a unique id to the lookup field. 

Does anyone have ideas on how to do that?

Hello Tim,

May I ask you some questions so I can figure out what you are trying to do?

To clarify, you wish to open the record registration screen where the value entered on the lookup field once the QR code loads?

>This was fine until COVID-19 hit and their lines grow to such length that typing in the lookup was slower than looking at a paper list.

From this sentence, it seems that the lookup is acting slow, am I correct?

If you only wish to know how to obtain information by entering an ID into a QR code, there is an add on from kintone called kViewer.

kViewer

https://www.kintone.com/extensions/kviewer/

Could you be a bit more specific and tell us the details?

Thank you