How to update the Check box field based on data from another App?

Is there a way to make Check box fields draw line items from a separate app?

I would like to have the names on my attendance sheet automatically populate from a different App that contains all enrolled students.
Attendees change somewhat frequently, and it is taking my users a while to manually enter names into a Lookup field to find them.

Let me know if anyone has a solution.

Hello @mmenke ,

Welcome to the Kintone Developer Forum & thank you for posting your question!

Check box field to draw fields from existing App

What do you mean by draw fields from existing App?

Are you looking for a way to grab data from a Student Database App and update the Check box fields within Attendance Sheet App?

A diagram of your current situation and the desired outcome would be very helpful.

it is taking my users a while to manually enter names into a Lookup field to find them.

I will assume you have tried using the Lookup field (which is my first suggestion for your use case).
What went wrong with the Lookup field method?

Thank you for your time,
Genji

1 Like

Essentially, yes. Do you know of a way?

Lookup Field is not ideal for us

The trouble with the lookup field is that the after-school coaches have to type in each of the students' names which requires them to have a separate list of student names to reference.

Also, they have to spell the names correctly which can be time-consuming.

On top of this if they know the last name but it is a common last name they will have to choose from dozens of options, slowing them down further.

Hi @mmenke,

While this may not be the most fitting process you desire, we have a native plug-in called Partial field search.

It allows the user to perform a partial word search of specific fields.

Could this work out for you?
Please check it and try it.

Partial Field Search:

I hope this helps.

1 Like

Hey Sean,

Thank you for your response and for showing me this. I do not think that it quite solves the issue that I am having with our after school program but I have several other apps that this might help to improve.

I am happy to have learned this.