Js function for Making Notifications Evergreen?

I’ve recognized that if I set a reminder notification trigger on a date field and it goes off, it only will go off once. So, if I reset the date in a record to a time in the future so that the reminder notification parameters would apply again, a new reminder does not go off.

Is there some JavaScript function I can write to resolve this issue and basically make the reminder notifications evergreen so that they will be reset once a new date is entered into the subject date field?

Hello Dave!

From what I read, the notification should go off again without any problem after the date is reset. Can I ask how did you setup your reminder notification and the Date field?

Hi Yuzo-

I set up the date field by dragging a Date field into the app form and titling it “Expiration date”.

Then I set Reminder Notification for 30 Days before the Expiration Date field.

Then the date actually became 30 days before the expiration date and Notification was sent. Then certificate was renewed 15 days later, and we reset the Expiration Date to 6 months from that time, but 5 months later when it was 30 days before the Expiration Date again, the Notification was not sent.?

Hello Dave!

I see, it seems like there is no problem in the settings…
Just to make sure, is it possible for you to take a screenshot of the Reminder Trigger?

Thank you

Hi Yuzo-

OK, my bad. I didn’t test correctly. When I did do it correctly and the date was changed, the reminder notification did go off again, as it should have. Great - Phew!

Hello Dave!

Awesome, thats good to hear.