Process Management - Display/Chart Count of Status Changes

While using Process Management, I’m trying to figure out a way to display the number of times a status was updated, and if possible, break out the number of updates by the status that was applied.

For some background, I’m developing an app for staff to make COVID service calls to residents in our housing programs. Often times there are multiple calls made, and each call includes updating the Process Management status. Sometimes that status is “Call Back”, or “In Progress”, “Follow Up X Dept”, etc.

While I can certainly use the “Status History” dropdown to have a quick view, I’m wondering if it’s possible to:

• Identify the table that holds the Status History within Kintone 
  • transfer or view the Status History as a table within the app
  • Have a field that counts the number of rows within the Status History within the app
  • Use the table to create a chart, so we can gain insight into the workflow, i.e., what Status category do the majority of records fall under, how do the Status’s change over time, etc

I think my main question is whether or not the Process Management’s Status History table can be accessed, either with Java or with something like a SQL query, or even through another analytics program like Tableau (I have a connector). Any help here would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hello Christopher

There’s no API to obtain the Status History. There might be a way to do it using DOM manipulation; however, it might not be the best way to accomplish your goal.

The workaround that I can think of is managing the status history yourself. Since there’s an API for Update Status, create an app that will input the status history. Make a flow where a record is added to that app whenever the Update Status API is triggered. Or, if you don’t want to create an additional app, you could add a table in the corresponding record and update the information in the table whenever the Update Status API is triggered.

Kintone Developer Program - Update Status
https://developer.kintone.io/hc/en-us/articles/213149747-Update-Status

I hope this helps.